Fillings help restore teeth damaged by decay back to their normal function and can prevent further decay. Our dentists take into consideration many different factors when choosing which type of filling material is best for you. These factors include the extent of the repair and where in your mouth the filling is needed.
What to Expect During a FILLING
- 1. Local anesthesia – at the beginning of your filling procedure, you may be given local anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth.
- 2. Tooth decay removal – then the dentist will use a drill to remove the decay. They will shape the tooth and make it ready for the filling.
- 3. Etching – when using a bonded filling our dentists will etch the tooth with a gel before placing the filling.
- 4. Resin application – for certain types of fillings our dentists use a bright light and layers of resin. This makes a harder stronger filling.
- 5. Polishing – after the filling has been placed, our dentist polishes the tooth making it smooth.